Transport Industry Training
Transport Logistics Consultants (TLC) has provided a range of training courses to FESARTA to publish and administer. These courses cover a wide range of topics that would be beneficial to the transport organisation and its drivers. They range from Road Safety topics to Loading and Transportation of Hazardous materials.
These courses are meant as an aid to drivers to improve their knowledge and familiarise them with changing requirements on our roads today. If we consider that Africa has the highest accident and fatality rates in the world, then any additional exposure to and facilitation of learning for the drivers can only be of benefit and can result in significant cost saving to the economy of any country.
The courses carry a subscription cost, and after successful completion of the course a certificate of completion will be awarded to the candidate. Once completed, the course may carry an annual enrolment fee to keep the information live and accessible to the driver.
Acknowledgement is given to Leon Swanepoel for the creation and development of these training courses for TLC, and to TLC for making them available to FESARTA to both publish and administer. A lot of research has gone into the development of these courses and FESARTA would like to thank Leon for the ongoing updates of these courses, the development of further training and the administration of the training function on the FESARTA website.
Acknowledgement is also due to Nick Porée for his contributions and assistance in the review and editing on these courses.
These training courses can be done on PC, mobile or Tab. The content will not be downloadable, but you can request to have the course content excluding the assessments to remain available to you for an annual subscription of $10.00. If you do not choose to have this content made available, the content will be removed from your access after you have completed the course successfully.
Moodle Mobile is the official mobile app for Moodle.
To access your Moodle or MoodleCloud sites on your mobile devices, you need to install the “Moodle Mobile” app on your phone which can be found in the app store on google from your mobile device.
With the Moodle Mobile app, you can learn wherever you are, whenever you want, with these app features:
- Easily access course content - browse the content of your courses, even when offline
- Connect with course participants - quickly find and contact other people in your courses
- Keep up to date - receive instant notifications of messages and other events, such as assignment submissions
- Submit assignments - Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
- Track your progress - View your grades, check completion progress in courses and browse your learning plans
- Complete activities anywhere, anytime - attempt quizzes, post in forums, play SCORM packages, edit wiki pages and more - both on and off-line
Here is a complete list of the courses. Note that we have to date completed only twelve of these courses and the remainder are still under development, but should be available shortly. More courses will be added with time and upon request from our learners.
- Road Safety Checklist for Trucks
- Road Safety Tips for Truckers
- Sharing the Road
- Speed and Safety
Driver Distractions and Challenges
- Fatigue Related Factors
- Distracted Driving
- Cellular and Road Safety
Factors Influencing Drivers
- Aggressive Driving
- Medication and Driving
- Drugs and Driving
- Alcohol and Driving
Driving Skills and Responsibilities
- Overloading vs Safe Loading
- Night Driving and Driving in the Rain
- Long Distance Driving
- The Responsible Trucker
- Advanced and Defensive Driving
Dangerous Goods and its Transport
- Identification of Dangerous Goods
- Transporting Dangerous Goods
- Handling of Dangerous Goods
- Treatment of Exposure to Dangerous Goods
- Environmental Impact of Dangerous Goods
Advanced Trucking Skills and Procedures
- Trucking and Security
- Effective Planning and Schedules for Truck Drivers
- Fuel Efficient Driving Techniques
- Truck Maintenance on the Road
The Effective Driver on our Roads
- Emergency Procedures for Truckers
- Green Trucking on our Roads
- Knowing your Road Safety Regulations
- Basic First Aid on the Road for Truckers